The Rebelle Rally is the first women’s off-road navigation rally in the United States. Teams of two traversed over 2,000 kilometers in seven competition days across the desert West. A unique test of precise navigation, it is not a race for speed, but a unique and demanding event based on the elements of headings, hidden checkpoints, time and distance using maps, compass and road book.
Dirt roads, sand dunes and elevation changes are just a few of the challenges the teams will have to face off-road as they navigate using only maps, a compass and plotter. No GPS devices or cell phones are allowed.
“We are thrilled to be involved with the inaugural Rebelle Rally, and are so proud of our six Hoehn employee competitors. Their camaraderie, enthusiasm, and commitment to this adventure has been truly inspiring, and I can’t wait to join them on the starting line in October,” said Jo Hannah.
The six teams from Hoehn Motors competing:
- Jo Hannah Hoehn and Susie Saxten competing in a Land Rover LR4
- Karen Hoehn and Dana Saxten competing in a Land Rover LR4
- Josan Badillo and Jaimy Grigsby competing in a Jaguar F-PACE
- Trish Lewis and Sally Gallice competing in a Mercedes G-Class
- Lisa Wolford and Sandy Conner competing in a Porsche Cayenne
- Meli Barrett and Sabrina Howells competing in a Honda Ridgeline